Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Week to Go

Rehearsals for The Scottish Play have taken a new aspect. We're actually making progress. The squirrelliness has virtually disappeared, people are hitting their marks, and most of the cast is fully "off book". Just this afternoon, the Thane of Ross, who has a long speech right at the beginning, nailed it.

I've been fitted for my costume, but still haven't seen my makeup. I don't know if my ghost persona will be merely pale or Kabuki-flat white. We have another rehearsal tomorrow, and then a full dress rehearsal on Wednesday before performance on Thursday.

on with the show, this is it!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, the anticipation is what makes it all worth it!

    King Duncan... that reminds me of a guy I knew back in Calgary -- his last name is Duncan and he's 6'7" and about 350-400 lbs, but still moves quite well like a cat, and he goes by that nickname as he's the team leader for our slo-pitch and volleyball teams. Also a pretty good golfer and he's always crowing himself as the King when he takes out the driver and hits the green on a par four hole.

    ReplyDelete